Isabella's Airman - A Birthday Treat

Birthday Book




Happy birthday to Sofia, my lovely guest today. Let's eat cake while we read on...



Thank you to Diane, for inviting me to join her blog. It’s my birthday today, and that’s always special. For the past two years, I’ve had a book release on, or close to, my birthday and this year is following the same pattern.

















In my Out of Time series I’ve created a sterile future world, where emotions are hidden, information is controlled, and love is unknown. Time travel is used for collecting historical data, but it doesn’t always go to plan.

Isabella’s Airman is the second in this time travel romance series, but it can also be read as a standalone.



Here’s a brief excerpt:

My quiet words hung between us. Inside, I cringed. There was no reason ever to tell the natives why we were there or to hint at future tech. Nothing would corrupt the timelines quicker than a peek at the future, and I felt cold at the secret I almost revealed.
Davy replaced his cup in its saucer, and then reached across the table and touched the back of my hand. My gaze leaped to meet his. “Maybe when I go on leave next time, you might come with me? I could take you to Hadrian’s Wall and to sample my mum’s baking.”
Shame flooded me at the deception I was creating. I couldn’t look at him. I tucked both hands in my lap and stared down at the table. The tea left a bitter taste in my mouth, or maybe that was guilt? This was so unfair.
I didn’t even realize I was trembling until Davy spoke in a low, pained voice. “I’m sorry, Isabella. I didn’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable.”
Looking up, I saw the hurt in his eyes and the way his jaw tightened. “I’m sorry,” I blurted. “I can’t do that.”
His mouth twisted, but he didn’t look away. “I’ve only known you a couple of days, and I know it’s too soon to be making plans, so don’t say no. Not yet.” He hesitated. I wondered if he could hear how loud my heart was pounding. “Let’s just take it as it comes. One day at a time.” His lips curved in a ghost of a smile. “Can we do that?”
I longed to say yes. This was supposed to be a fact-finding exercise and a step toward an excellent grade for the field trip. Over a pot of tea in a bustling café, it had grown into something I didn't recognize.
“Isabella?” His voice was soft, coaxing me to speak. I remembered when he said my name that first night. The gentle lilt, the way it rolled off his tongue like an endearment. I swallowed. I was in way over my head already.
Still he watched me. Tension vibrated in the air. I couldn't say yes, but it would kill me to say no. The paper I’d written was meaningless. Their chances of survival—this man’s chance—was dependent on more than proximity to home. He wanted someone to come back to.
There was a lump in my throat the size of a rock. “One day at a time.”
His smile was real this time. “That’s all right, then.” He slid the plate of forgotten carrot cake toward me. “We start with cake.”


Giveaway


Birthdays are always an excuse for presents, right? So here are my gifts for you.

Leave a comment to tell me the best birthday present you ever had, and you’ll go into a draw to win this bundle:
-          an ecopy of Lila’s Wolf (Out of Time #1)
-          a $5 Amazon gift card
-          a swag pack of fridge magnets and postcards








Time travel student Isabella Gillman is about to embark on her most challenging assignment--leaping back to 1941 to observe World War II. The rules are simple: don’t get emotionally involved, and don’t interfere.

She breaks the first rule when she falls in love with rear-gunner Davy Porteous. The second is on its way out as well, when she realizes history says he won’t survive the war. Torn between the fundamental laws of her society, and the man she loves, Isabella faces a harsh reality: does she risk both their lives for a future that may not happen?

She can’t predict the results if she corrupts the timelines, but without her actions, Davy is out of time.









Watch the trailer: https://youtu.be/81eQC1WmBks

Buy it on Amazon


Author links:  www.SofiaGrey.com


Author bio:

Romance author Sofia Grey spends her days managing projects in the corporate world and her nights hanging out with wolf shifters and alpha males. She devours pretty much anything in the fiction line, but she prefers her romances to be hot, and her heroes to have hidden depths. When writing, she enjoys peeling back the layers to expose her characters’ flaws and always makes them work hard for their happy endings.

Music is interwoven so tightly into my writing that I can’t untangle the two. Either I’m listening to a playlist on my iPod, have music seeping from my laptop speakers, or there’s a song playing in my head – sometimes on auto-repeat.

Check out my playlists on Pinterest and Spotify








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PASSIONATE HISTORY - LIBBY WATERFORD

DS Jenna Morgan Series - Inspiration, Writing & Research

The Perfect Kiss