My First Blog

Well, here we go. This is the first time I have attempted to blog, so as well as trying out the new site, I am also learning what's what in the blog world.

If you're here, you probably already know the first book of my Atlantic Divide Series, Loving Lydia, is due to be released tonight and it's a really exciting time.

I started writing Loving Lydia a while ago. Wrote the skeleton of the story and stopped. In December 2012,  I went back to my book, looked at it again and realised I really loved my characters and they had a story to tell and my mind was bursting to tell it.

It's a scary time sending your book off. You need to be brave because this is the time when someone outside of your family, not your sister, not your best friend and not your daughter is going to read your book and critique it.

When Liquid Silver Books offered me a contract, at the beginning of March this year, there was nobody in the house but me - and my Dalmatian, Skye and my one-eyed kitten, Fliss.  So we happy danced together. My other cat, Sam, was in the house, but she was having none of it.

So, from a slow start, to a rocketing ride. Book 2 in the series, Bad Girl Bill, is due out in August and Book 3 is off to the publishers this week and I'm having the time of my life. My stories contain humour, because life can be so funny.


Comments

  1. Hi Diane,

    Congrats on the new release!! I remember that first contact email from Liquid Silver Books in 2003, it's thrilling and scary at the same time. And, I've discovered it never gets easier!

    Enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle. What I do find great is all the support I've been getting. Everyone I know seems so excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the book Diane. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please type your comments

Popular posts from this blog

PASSIONATE HISTORY - LIBBY WATERFORD

DS Jenna Morgan Series - Inspiration, Writing & Research

The Perfect Kiss