A Roller Coaster

August 4, 2013

It's been quite a roller coaster ride the last few weeks. My family and I went on holiday to Mexico for two weeks, (very lovely, very hot) truly believing that our house sale and purchase had fallen through. Near the end of our holiday an email managed to stagger it's way through the painfully slow ether informing us that our move date was a mere five days from our return date.

Never mind the jet-lag after a nine hour flight, we didn't have time for that! Full speed ahead and in the strangely (for England) blistering heat, we moved, taking our Dalmatian, our ginger cat and our one-eyed kitten with us - oh and being gifted four chickens and a hen-house along the way (thank you Penny).

Arriving in the new house, we discovered that the internet connection had been lost and it took the providers ten days (ten really painful days) to re-connect, during which time my new book, Bad Girl Bill, Atlantic Divide Series #2 was released, and I had virtually no ability to communicate with the outside world, except by driving to my sister Margaret's house and using her computer once a day.

If you know me, or you read my books, you will know I am a great romantic at heart and truly believe in happy ever after. So despite still sorting through boxes of stuff we probably should never have brought with us, and trying to keep two disgruntled kitties happy and entertained indoors for two weeks in still raging heat, I love my new home. My forever home. With miles and miles of wheat fields and beautiful views I can only look forward to the inspiration it will bring me.

Now I am on catch-up. With hundreds of emails to check, most of which are spam. I have Book #3, Finding Zoe to edit, I am working on some changes on my Christmas Romcom, I am part-way through writing Book #4, and I have this Challenge with Eva Lefoy and Allyson Lindt to do which has to be complete by the end of September - 15,000 words and I haven't written one - yet. Allyson is romping ahead with over 4,000 words down on paper - but I have a story in my head.

Who said moving to the country would be peaceful?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PASSIONATE HISTORY - LIBBY WATERFORD

DS Jenna Morgan Series - Inspiration, Writing & Research

The Perfect Kiss