Soldier in Her Lap - Haley Whitehall - A character interview


Hi Haley and welcome.  

I’m really pleased you have brought Sophia with you. Pull up a chair, grab a coffee and please excuse me while I ask Sophia some questions.

Hi Sophia, it’s lovely to meet you.
Hi Diane. It is a pleasure to be here. I do enjoy visiting.

Can you tell me how you first felt when you met Lucas?
To tell you the truth I was terrified. This strange man was bleeding on my front porch. He had passed out, and when I bent down to see if he was still alive I noticed he was one handsome soldier.

Did you hide him?
I had to take care of his wound. Yes, I hid him until he was strong enough to take care of himself.

What was the very first thing that attracted you to him?
I was mesmerized by his eyes. He has the darkest green eyes I had ever seen.

I bet you sang to him while he was recovering – what is your favourite tune?
Call me patriotic but I often sang “God Save the South.”

Describe your first kiss.
Oh my. Well, it was a chaste kiss. Our lips brushed and my cheeks burned. I kept my eyes open and saw the lust in his gaze. It made me giddy knowing he wanted me as bad as I wanted him.

Okay, take a few breaths to calm down, and then tell me what Lucas looks like.
His six feet of lean muscle with green eyes and a charming smile and short wheat colored hair.

What is his best feature?
His thoughtfulness. He always puts me first and does everything he can to take care of me.

What would he say is your strongest feature?
My inner strength. I had to endure a lot growing up and it only got worse during the war when food and other goods were hard to get.

What does he love about you the most?
He has often told me he likes the fact I’m practical. I do what needs to get done whether it is setting a rabbit snare or cleaning the house. I always thought most men went for the shy wallflowers who didn’t do much outside of the home. Not my Lucas.

Describe the house you would love to own.
A two-story whitewashed ranch house with lots of room for children.

Well, thank you so much Sophia. You can sit back and relax now while we show everyone your Haley's new cover - which incidentally is beautiful.




And here's a little about the story.

Blurb:

Trapped by her alcoholic, abusive father, Sophia Carpenter longs to escape her life of drudgery on her father’s dirt farm in Clark Springs, Georgia. Making matters worse, her father’s scared off every man who tried to call on her. She longs for freedom, but with the Civil War raging, even fewer men are available to fulfill her dreams—unless a soldier landed in her lap.

Conscripted into a war he never wanted to fight, Lucas Grady is tired of battle and refuses to lay his life down for a lost cause. After a musket ball tears through his leg, he deserts from the ambulance wagon rather than risk a field surgeon’s saw. He barely makes it to Sophia’s farm before collapsing.

The wounded soldier’s arrival seems like a dream come true, but first she must save him from his injuries—and her father. As forbidden attraction blooms between them, they will have to struggle to survive. Can their love overcome so many obstacles or will they become another casualty of the War Between the States?


Buy Links:

Barnes and Noble: http://tinyurl.com/kblk7dw
Decadent Publishing: http://tinyurl.com/k5y3ota

About Haley:

Haley Whitehall lives in Washington State where she enjoys all four seasons and the surrounding wildlife. She writes historical romance set in the 19th century U.S. When she is not researching or writing, she plays with her cats, watches the Western and History Channels, and goes antiquing. She is hoping to build a time machine so she can go in search of her prince charming. A good book, a cup of coffee, and a view of the mountains make her happy.

Haley loves to connect with readers. You can find her here:













Comments

  1. Thanks for inviting Sophia to your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D :) ;) :o :O ☺ ☻ ♥ Love this book Haley
    Jimena

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please type your comments

Popular posts from this blog

PASSIONATE HISTORY - LIBBY WATERFORD

DS Jenna Morgan Series - Inspiration, Writing & Research

The Perfect Kiss